Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

Dish cloth

I wanted to learn yarn overs (YO)for some upcoming projects, but didn't want to experiment with expensive yarn. So I found the world's easiest dishcloth pattern and knit it while sitting around with friends on a Sunday morning. The cloth is knit on the diagonal and uses knit, yarn over, and k2tog stitches. I used size 7 bamboo needles and Sugar 'N Cream cotton yarn. It used less than half a ball of the yarn, thus materials cost is just under a dollar for this item. The pattern is called "Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth" and can be found here. As you can see from the photo, the finished object isn't quite symmetrical. I think that is because my YO increases in the first half of the pattern are tighter than the k2tog YO k2tog decreases in the second half of the pattern.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?