Monday, January 16, 2006

 

High Priestess of Noodly Headwear

Always a fan of killing multiple avian species with one stone, I decided to teach myself I-cord and practice the new skill by making Noodly Appendages to be used on a FSM hat. I had already watched the I-cord video at www.knittinghelp.com and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really was as easy as she made it look in the video. Noodly Appendages, take 1I did find that the first few rows looked kind of wonky, with very uneven stitch tension on the "back" stitches compared to the front stitches. But tugging judiciously straightened that out within a few rows. I knit several tubes, in widths of 6, 5, and then 4 stitches.

Comments:
Hooray for noodly appendages! I started my first noodle the other night, but then I got a DS, so nothing has been getting done, but hey, at least I have noodle/body yarn now!
 
accl, now I just have to get busy on making an actual hat base! also, I realized that the model photo uses a chenille for noodly appendages, whereas I used the wool ease. That would explain why hers were so wonderfully bumpy and irregular. I'm going to see if I can find the other yarn this weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?