Friday, January 13, 2006

 

My First Finished Object!

This scarf was the first project I truly finished. I cast off and wove in the ends back in June 2005.
First FO Here's a photo of it lying squooshed up on my bed.

It's your average, very basic, scarf. The pattern was on the back of the yarn label and was called "Two-Hour Knit Scarf." (Of course, since it was my first scarf, it probably took me two or three times that long.) It was knit with huge (size 17) plastic needles and one skein of Lion Brand Homespun yarn in color 338 "Nouveau". The entire scarf was knit holding two strands of yarn together, so it's nice and thick.

Scarf color in flash Here's a flash photo that shows the colors better, along with my ever curious dog (whose eyes aren't really blue). Maybe some day I'll be able to take some better photos of it, my first real FO. But right now it's in Maine with my mom, who has worn it in at least 8 states so far. She says it matches everything. (I think perhaps she is just being nice.)

Mom, if you're reading this, the yarn label says your scarf is machine washable and dryable.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?