Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

My Very Own Knit Blog

This is the first/placeholder post in a blog to chronicle my knitting progress. I learned to knit in March 2005 by taking a three class beginning knitting series from Nova Studios in Point Richmond, CA. (http://www.thenovastudio.com/). After knitting two scarves, I moved on to hats. I knit the bonnet of a furry bear ear hood before abandoning it to make my "fraggle hat" to wear to Burning Man 2005 (http://www.burningman.com). I took a class to learn how to knit in the round using double point needles, and in the process made a cotton baby hat. I knit 4 furry "chemo hats", followed by 5 basic roll-brim hats using some chunky wool that was spun in Maine that I found in the LYS near my mom's house in Belfast. [Heavenly Socks / 82 Main St. / Belfast ME / Phone: 207-338-8388] . Now, I'm about to embark on my first sweater projects. And try to stick with my New Year's resolution to not buy any yarn for at least 3 months.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?