Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Progress. . .

While on a long conference call today, I knit two different versions of the chin tie for the fuzzy bear hood. One is 4 stitch I-cord using a single strand of the fuzzy yarn. The other is 3 stitch I-cord using one strand of the fuzzy held with one strand of some brown cashmerino. I think I like both better than the look of a chain of cast on then cast off stitches as called for in the pattern. Now I just have to decide which I like best, rip the other, and make the second tie. I really might finish the hood this weekend!

In the meantime, I'll post some pictures of the "chemo" hats that were among my earliest finished objects. I made two for a good friend who was battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma and another friend who gave her time to be his caretaker. I later made a second pair as offbeat wedding gifts for some friends who now live in Oxford. They were made using a free pattern and Lion Brand Fancy Fur yarn. I knit the first one using the "straight needle hat" instructions. I knit all the others using a 16" circular size US 13 needle, and switching to the two circular needle technique when the decreases for the crown got too small to work on one circ.
My models could have been more accomodating, but then I guess they wouldn't have been quite as funny.
My boyfriend has donned the hat in "stained glass" and the pitbull is looking suave in "jungle print"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?