Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Stage fright?

I've had the yarn to cast on for my Tubey for weeks now. But somehow I just haven't done it. I suspect that I've got a touch of stage fright, as it's the first sweater I'll ever have attempted. Hopefully I'll get over it this weekend.

In the meantime, I've begun a project that's not even on my gargantuan "to knit" list. It's the Heart Scarf from the Knitty special issue. You can find the pattern on page 7 of this pdf. I'm knitting it in a red chenille. I didn't swatch to check guage. I just started. I'm thinking I will need 14 repeats of the pattern for each half of the scarf, instead of the 10 repeats the pattern calls for. If that's the case, it will end up being 288 rows. I've just finished row 27. So nearly 10% done!

Another thing I'd love to do this weekend is finish off the bear hood. It's so close! All I need to do is make the chin ties, finish knitting ear pieces, and put the pieces together. I don't like how the pink ear pieces look, so I may go in search of a fuzzier yarn for them. Progress photos:






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?