Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

More Tubey

I did something strange knitting on my BART ride home yesterday, and it took most of last night to fix it. I finally gave up on tink-ing and just unraveled to a row below where the problems were. After a productive morning commute today (finished 7 whole rows!) the back shrug portion is now 8.5 inches long. I'll have to post a photo soon.

I have noticed a couple of imperfections in the yarn. In one spot, it looks like one of the four plied strands must have broken, and was tied back together in a knot. In another spot, it's puffy and fuzzy and about 3 times the normal thickness of the yarn, as if two ends were spliced by finger felting. I wonder if this is normal, or if my first ball of cashmerino aran is just a bad one? Neither is too noticeable in the finished knitting, because I tried to manipulate the yarn so that the imperfections show up on the wrong (purl) side.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?