Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Tubey progress

As I previously reported, I had my doubts about the crochet cast-on. I don't doubt that it works. Rather, I doubted that I was doing it right. So I knit a smaller test swatch and discovered that the way I was knitting probably wouldn't work.

Then I unraveled the 15 stitches I'd painstakingly cast on and started again. This time I just picked up loops along the crochet chain. Then on my second pass I knit the first stitch into each of those loops. That seemed to work on my test swatch, so off I knit.

I've got about 3 inches done on the "shrug" portion of the back. Since I'm making the medium size, I've got 18.5 inches to go before I begin knitting in the round to form the sleeve. I'll try to post a photo over the weekend. . .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?