Friday, March 24, 2006

 

Garden Progress - week 2

As of Sunday night, two weeks after the first wave of planting, only 16 seedlings had yet to sprout. Nine of those are the alpine strawberry. Two are lavenders. Two are chocolate bell pepper. Two are rosemary. Can't remember the other two. . .

Click on the photo below for a better view of the 60+ baby plants so far.





I also bought an avocado tree on Sunday. Home Despot had Haas treelings for under $20. I've been wanting an avocado for a long time, but unable to find some of the specific varieties I was seeking. So, for now, I'll be happy with this. (Now I just need to get it planted in one of my wooden barrels before it gets too unhappy with its roots jammed into the 3 gallon bucket it came in!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?